Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year 2014

Happy New Year!  And to all that read this, may you find happiness and contentment in the coming year.  I wanted to start off with a snippet from a love letter from my Heavenly Father...

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!... Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV

Isn't that awesome?  He writes the most wonderful things, many of which I have forgotten or yet to discover!

The year 2013 was full of all sorts of 'stuff'.  There was lots of good stuff, and there was lots of bad stuff.  When it came to the bad stuff, this child of God was making some very unwise decisions and harboring some very self-destructive emotions and thoughts.  UGH.  I would like to take it all back (wouldn't we all?), but if that would be the case I would not be sitting here today feeling a sense of peace and having hope.  This has been a very hard journey; emotionally, physically and spiritually.  All of which obviously needed some repairs.

God has a way about Him.  I couldn't understand why the challenges were there, why the tension was getting higher, why this wasn't working and that wasn't helping, what in the world was going on?  ....  I just couldn't see past my own nose.  God knew, and He chose to let me struggle until the exact moment when He knew I was totally broken to reveal the answers.  He knew I had lessons to learn, and they wouldn't GET learned if I didn't struggle.  Yes, He knows me pretty well.  

This isn't to say that now that the 'light' is back on, there won't be further life struggles or disappointments.  But I want to make 2014 a year to consciously make the effort to make each DAY special, each PERSON I meet feel accepted and loved, and never take things for granted.  Life here on earth just doesn't hold any guarantees.

Like the verse says "I'm doing a new thing", let's start celebrating with a large iced coffee.  Sounds rather small, but to me this is a HUGE treat.  Plus it's homemade.  :)


There is a Cornish hen involved with this, too.  Don't forget, my husband's hobby is being a chef!  

Shall we make 2014 a year of daily celebrations and fun?  Why not!  There is SO very much to be thankful for, and many many people to hug, make laugh, honor, and love.

Today is going to be one of probably MANY days I'm going to say thank you for blessing this world with coffee, Lord........ 

Sing it, Frank!  Get this year started with a jolt!!!


Peace and love.....
Karen 

No comments: